I did this blog twice and it disappeared.
I guess that is a good metaphor for how I feel these days. After 21 years my work decided that they no longer needed me.
My natural response? Feel worthless, hurt, review all the things that I thought they should have been more grateful for, be a little upset at God, worry about the future etc.
The Lord had two people that I been used to help, encourage me. One just shared that they had been helped and the other reminded me to practice what I preach.
- Thanked God for being laid off.
- Cast on him my cares as they pop up.
- Let myself grieve the loss of ministry and friends. (We Christians do morn but with hope.
- Hung out with Hope and my other grandchildren.
- Jumped in to do what little I could.
- Brought family and friends into the faith valley so all of our faith will be strengthened when we see how it turns out.
- So pray with me for peace and discernment of the path he wants me to walk.