I recently got a near lethal case of COVID and these steps helped me.
- I was and continued taking 5000 units of Vitamin D daily
(If you get covid and have not been taking Vitamin D then the advice is to take a loading dose of 10 five thousand mg caps twice a day for 3 days,( I know, that would be 50,000mg twice a day)—then decrease to 5000 daily)
- I stayed hydrated, I lost taste and appetite so made myself drink chicken broth and liquids.
- I stayed humid, I got a humidity monitor at the pharmacy for $10 and kept my house and bedroom above 35%. I had to be careful not to let a lot of outside winter air in, it is very dry. I bought a “large room” humidifier since I don’t have one on my furnace. I also used a cast iron pot and boiled water on the stove. (Cast iron wont cause trouble if I forgot and ran it dry.
- I took 50mg Zinc daily to block the cycle of viral replication in the cell.
- The Zinc has to get into the cell and Hydroxychloroquine pushes it in but is often not available. The Quercetin 500mg works and has better side effects. While I had fevers and chills, I took it twice a day then decreased to once a day.
- My lungs were involved, it is essential to cough out the gunk to avoid pneumonia. So I took Mucinex twice a day and got a nebulizer or vaporizer at the pharmacy. I did the nebulizer mist at least twice a day to keep the “gunk” moist. It seems to help to put ½ teaspoon of colloidal silver water into the mist generator.
- Normal oxygen % should be 96-100% , if it falls to the low 80’s you need oxygen and may need to go to the hospital. You can buy an oxygen monitor at any pharmacy and I found it comforting to check. I used an oxygen concentrator from Inogen and it was fun to watch my oxygen climb from80 to 93. If it had not climbed up, I would have gone to the hospital.
- ( They are very expensive at about 1700 dollars. Your doctor will not authorize oxygen rentals till they think you are ill enough to go to the hospital. You might ask your doctor about the option of staying home with oxygen to avoid secondary infections at the hospital. However if you are really ill, the hospital can give you antiviral medication and hydroxychloroquine which you can’t get at home.
9. I took colloidal silver water which kills the virus on contact but not when it is in the cells. I took a half cup and swished it in my mouth for a min. twice a day and swallowed to decrease the impact the virus had on my gut. I found it at health food stores or on line. Then I found someone who makes it at home and it was much cheaper. There are even kits for making your own. It seems to kill the unhealthy bacteria in the gut lumen and leave the healthy ones in the mucus alone. It also kills virus and fungi.
10. I slept a lot and that was good. I did push myself to get up and walk around some though so I wouldn’t get clots in my legs. I was cautious because getting up too early and doing too much can set you way back.
- I had some Imodium on hand for diarrhea if the virus hit my gut but my gut symptoms were moderate.
11.Aspirin is OK short term. It is a blood thinner and the virus can cause clots. Long term it does damage the mucus lining of the GI tract. Tylenol is OK if used in moderation but read the label. Too much can damage the liver.
- I kept my mind occupied when awake with prayer, Bible reading, movies, writing letters etc. Depression can be strong, leaving you feeling doomed and trapped. Remember that the stats are in your favor.
- When you recover, still get the immunization. It generates a lot more antibodies than having had the illness so is still recommended for long term immunity.